TP-Link TL-WR841N Basic Wireless N Router Setup & Configuration
Basic Setup & Configuration Steps:
1. Connect the Ethernet Cable in Between Your Laptop or PC and Your Router. Connect the cable in anyone of the Router LAN Ports.
2. Most of the TP-Link Router's IP Address are in 192.168.0.1 . Type IPv4 Router IP Address in your System Browser and Click Enter.
3. Router Login Page will be displayed. We need to enter the Username & Password of the Router. Most of the TP-Link Router's Default Username & Password is "admin" , Please enter "admin" in Username and Password Field and then Click the Login Button.
4. A Quick Setup page will be displayed, you can configure the router using the quick easy setup. Otherwise you can Individually change all the Configuration.
5. In Left Side you can view the Individually Category. To Configure the WAN & LAN Of the Router. Click Network. It will Display the WAN and LAN Individually. Click WAN to Configure it. We need to choose the "WAN Connection Type" There are 5 Different WAN Access Type Dynamic IP, Static IP, PPPoE/Russia PPPoE, L2TP/Rissia L2TP, PPTP/Russia PPTP. * Please ask your ISP For Configuring the WAN Access Type. Most ISP Use PPPoE Or Static IP. If your are Using this Router for Internet Network if there is already a DHCP Server In your Network Use DHCP Client Option. After Configure the WAN click save the Make change on WAN Port.
6. To Change the LAN IP Address Click LAN in Left Side. TP-Link Router's Default LAN IP Address are 192.168.0.1. You can change the IP Address based on your Requirement. After Configure the LAN click save the Make change on LAN Port.
7. To Configure the WLAN (WI-FI) of the Router. Click Wireless in Left Side. In Wireless Click Wireless Setting to Configure the SSID(WI-FI) Name. Type your Wireless Network Name(WI-FI Name) in the field and the Mode can be as same 11bgn Mixed. The Channel Width Can be in Auto and the Channel can be in Auto. Make Ensure the Enable Wireless Router Radio and Enable SSID Broadcast is Enabled. Then Click Save to apply the basic configuration.
8. To Set a Password for WLAN (WI-FI) click Wireless Security in Left Side. To Set Open WI-FI Click Disable Security it can be accessed by anyone. To Set a Password for WLAN (WI-FI) Click WPA/WPA2-Personal. Enter your Password in Wireless Password Field and then click Save.
9. If you Link to Change the DHCP IP Pool Range. Click DHCP in Left Side and Click DHCP Settings. Enter the Start and End IP Address of the DHCP IP Pool Range. Recommended DHCP IP Pool Range is 192.168.0.101 - 192.168.0.130 . Enter the DNS Server 1 & 2 Based on ISP (Recommended DNS are 220.127.116.11 & 18.104.22.168) and Click Save to Change.
10. If you Like to Enable WAN Remote Access. Click Security in Lift Side and Click Remote Management. Enter then Web Management Port, Our Recommended is Enter it as 80 or 8080 and then You Can Specify the IP Address to Access the Remote Management or your can enter 255.255.255.255 to allow all the IP Address to Access the Remote Management. Click Save to Change.
11. Click System Tools to Change the Date and Time of the Router. Click Time Settings, then click Time Zone it is based on the Country, For India Select +05:30 then click save it will update automatically after connecting to internet.
11. Click Password in System Tools to Change the Existing Login Credentials. Enter the Old Login Credentials in above and the Enter the New Login Credentials in Below. Then Click Save.
12. After doing all the Router Configuration Click Reboot in System Tools and then click Reboot Button. The Router Start Rebooting. We Recommended you to reboot the Router to Save the Configuration we done in this Router. It Takes 30 Sec to Completed the Reboot. Don't Power Off the router Will it was Rebooting.
13. Connect the WAN(Internet) Cable in your Router WAN Port. Internet will Start working through your router. If the Internet still don't work Call your ISP to Configure your Router.
A Experienced Network Engineer Will do the router configuration for you. Happy Browsing!