D-Link DIR600/615 Wi-Fi MAC ACL(Access Control List) Configuration.
All Networking Device having Security Systems to allowing selective uses to Network. The Wi-FI ACL is one of the way to Increase the Security of your Network. Wi-Fi ACL is Used to Control the User who should access your Wi-Fi Network and Who should be blocked. The ACL is done based on MAC Address. MAC Address will be displayed in your device in the form of "C0:38:96:99:05:EB".
ACL Configuration Setup:
1. Connect the Ethernet Cable in Between Your Laptop/PC and Your Router. Connect the cable in anyone of the Router LAN Ports. Don't Try to do the Wireless ACL Configuration through already connected Wireless device.
2. Open your System Browser and enter your D-Link Router LAN IP Address 192.168.0.1 . Router Login Page will be displayed. Enter your Login Credentials and then go the Router Main Page.
3. Click the Wireless Option to configure the Wireless ACL. Click Advanced Wireless -> In Advanced Wireless Click ACL Setup Button it will go to Wireless Access Control Mode Page Enable Wireless Access Control Mode by clicking the check box then Click Apply Button.
4. After Enable Wireless Access Control Mode. Enter your PC, Laptop, Mobile, Tablet etc. Wireless MAC Address without Adding Colon( : ) in the Column Field then click Add Button to Add you device in Wireless ACL White List. After Adding the MAC Address the White List will be updated automatically.
5. Only in the ACL mentioned White List Device can Connect to Wi-Fi Router to Access the Internet. Other Device can't Connected to Wi-Fi even after you enter the Wireless Password Correctly.
To Find MAC Address in your Android, IOS & Windows Devices:
1. In Android Phone or Tablet:
Open Settings -> Scroll Down to Bottom of Settings -> Click About Phone -> Click Status -> There you found your Mobile or Tablet MAC Address. Enter the MAC Address in your Wi-Fi Router. Make Sure your are entering the Same MAC Address.
2. In IOS Devices:
Open Settings -> Click General -> Click About -> There you found your IOS Device MAC Address. Enter the MAC Address in your Wi-Fi Router. Make Sure your are entering the Same MAC Address.
3. In Windows OS:
In Windows OS you can find the MAC Address of the PC or Laptop in two ways.
3.1. GUI(Graphical User Interface) Mode.
3.2. CLI(Command-Line Interface) Mode.
3.1. In GUI Mode Open Control Panel -> Change View by: option as Large icons -> Open Network and Sharing Center -> Open Change Adapter Settings -> Double Click Wireless Network Connection -> Click Details -> In Details you found the MAC Address in the name as Physical Address. The Physical Address and MAC Address are Same Address.
3.2. In CLI Mode Open Run by Clicking Windows Icon Key + Letter R Key in your PC/Laptop Keyboard a small Run Window will open in your PC/Laptop -> type CMD in Run Window to Open Command Prompt -> In command prompt type ipconfig /all then click enter -> it will display all the network details of your PC/Laptop. In the Listed details you will found Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection In Listed Details you found the MAC Address in the name as Physical Address.
The Wi-Fi MAC Access List help you to improve the Security of your Wireless Network. Do the Wireless ACL Configuration by connecting Ethernet Cable in Between Your Laptop/PC and Your Router. * If you enable the Wireless ACL through Wireless Device that is already connected with the Wi-FI. Your device will be disconnected from Wi-Fi automatically and you can't access the router through wireless again. So Do the Wireless ACL Configuration Through Ethernet only. If the Wireless ACL still don't work Call your ISP to Configure your Router. A Experienced Network Engineer Will do the Wireless ACL configuration for you. Happy Browsing!